Thursday 12 June 2008

Watching the Clouds Go By

As we rush about, it is quite likely that we don't have time enough to just watch the clouds go by. Even if we do look, we might get bored very quickly. Too slow? Nothing much happens? Even children don't seem to have time to just look at the clouds and imagine.



How the sun glows just a little brighter before disappearing into the horizon. Music and video from the talented Lanuza.

The idea of watching clouds reminds me of a Chinese song from the 80s.
女孩,为什么哭泣?
难道心中藏着不如意?
女孩,为什么叹息?
莫非心里躲着忧郁?
年纪轻轻,不该轻叹息,快乐年龄,不好轻哭泣,
抛开忧郁,忘掉那不如意,走出户外,让我们看云去。

My translation:
My dear girl, why are you in tears?
Feeling unhappy my dear?
My dear girl, why do you sigh?
Worry clouding your eyes?
You are young, let's not sigh
Such happy years, let's not cry
Throw away the worry, to all gloom say goodbye
Out the doors we go, together let's go watch the clouds go by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love cloud-watching! Even star-gazing, and even less is happening in the night sky. It's just, as you say, nice to pause and reflect and wonder.
Great video, great reminder; they go perfectly with your name!
:)